Please read the following terms and conditions very carefully as your use of our service and website is subject to your acceptance of and compliance with the following terms and conditions ("Terms").
By subscribing to or using any of our services, you agree that you have read, understood and are bound by the Terms, regardless of how you subscribe to or use the services. If you do not want to be bound by the Terms, you must not subscribe to or use our services.
In these Terms, references to "you", "user" shall mean the end user accessing the Website, its contents and using the services offered through the Website. "Service Providers" mean independent third party service providers, and "we", "us" and "our" shall mean Prudent Bay, its franchisor, affiliates and partners.
- www.shoppers-square.com website ("Website") is an Internet based e-commerce portal operated by Prudent Bay, a company incorporated under the laws of India.
- Use of the Website is offered to you conditioned on acceptance without modification of all the terms, conditions and notices contained in these Terms, as may be posted on the Website from time to time. We at our sole discretion reserve the right not to accept a User from registering on the Website without assigning any reason whatsoever.
User Account, Password, and Security:
Upon completing the Website's registration process, you can access your account and enjoy various benefits. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the account and password, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your account. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. Ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section.
We provide service that enables the users to purchase goods under different categories through this Website.
The User agrees and undertakes not to copy, reverse engineer, modify, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information or software obtained from the Website. Limited reproduction and copying of the content of the Website is permitted provided that Shoppers Square's name is stated as the source and prior written permission is sought. For the removal of doubt, it is clarified that unlimited or wholesale reproduction, copying of the content for commercial or non-commercial purposes and unwarranted modification of data and information within the content of the Website is not permitted.
User conduct and rules:
You agree and undertake to use the Website and the Service only to post and upload messages and material that are proper. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree and undertake that when using a Service, you will not:
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others;
- publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information;
- upload files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents;
- upload or distribute files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of the Website or another's computer;
- conduct or forward surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or chain letters;
- download any file posted by another user of a Service that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner;
- falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded;
- violate any code of conduct or other guidelines, which may be applicable for or to any particular Service;
- violate any applicable laws or regulations for the time being in force in or outside India;
- violate any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement or any other terms and conditions for the use of the Website contained elsewhere herein;
- exploit any of the services; we might refuse any of our services, terminate accounts, and/or cancel orders at our discretion, including but not limited to, if we believe that customer conduct violates applicable law or is harmful to our interests;
- You shall not make any derogatory, defamatory, abusive, inappropriate, profane or indecent statement/s and/or comment/s about us.
User warranty and representation:
The user guarantees, warrants, and certifies that you are the owner of the content or designs which you submit or otherwise authorised to use the content or designs and that it does not infringe upon the property rights, intellectual property rights or other rights of others. You further warrant that to your knowledge, no action, suit, proceeding, or investigation has been instituted or threatened relating to any content, including trademark, trade name service mark, and copyright formerly or currently used by you in connection with the Services rendered by us.
Intellectual Property Rights:
- Unless otherwise indicated or anything contained to the contrary or any proprietary material owned by a third party and so expressly mentioned, we own all Intellectual Property Rights to and into the Website, including, without limitation, any and all rights, title and interest in and to copyright, related rights, patents, utility models, trademarks, trade names, service marks, designs, know-how, trade secrets and inventions (whether patentable or not), goodwill, source code, meta tags, databases, text, content, graphics, icons, and hyperlinks. You acknowledge and agree that you shall not use, reproduce or distribute any content from the Website belonging to shoppers-square.com without obtaining authorization from shoppers-square.com.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, it is expressly clarified that you will retain ownership and shall solely be responsible for any content that you provide or upload when using any Service, including any text, data, information, images, photographs, music, sound, video or any other material which you may upload, transmit or store when making use of our various Service. However, with regard to the product personalisation service (as against other Services like blogs and forums) you expressly agree that by uploading and posting content on to the Website for public viewing and reproduction/use of your content by third party users, you the user accept whereby you grant a non-exclusive license for the use of the same.
The Website may contain links to other websites ("linked sites"). We are not responsible for the contents or anything whatsoever of any linked site. We provide these links only as a convenience to you, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by us. The users are requested to verify the accuracy of all information on their own before undertaking any reliance on such information.
Disclaimer of warranties/Limitation of liability:
We have endeavoured to ensure that all the information on the Website is correct, but we neither warrant nor make any representations regarding the quality, accuracy or completeness of any data, information, product or Service. In no event shall we be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages or any other damages resulting from the use or the inability to use the Services; unauthorized access to or alteration of the user's transmissions or data; and any other matter relating to the services; including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in any way connected with the use or performance of the Website or Service. Neither shall we be responsible for the delay or inability to use the Website or related services, the provision of or failure to provide Services, or for any information, software, products, services and related graphics obtained through the Website, or otherwise arising out of the use of the website, whether based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or otherwise. Further, we shall not be held responsible for non-availability of the Website during periodic maintenance operations or any unplanned suspension of access to the website that may occur due to technical reasons or for any reason beyond our control. The user understands and agrees that any material and/or data downloaded or otherwise obtained through the Website is done entirely at their own discretion and risk and they will be solely responsible for any damage to their computer systems or loss of data that results from the download of such material and/or data.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless shoppers-square.com from and against any and all losses, liabilities, claims, damages, costs and expenses (including legal fees and disbursements in connection therewith and interest chargeable thereon) asserted against or incurred by us that arise out of, result from, or may be payable by virtue of, any breach or non-performance of any representation, warranty, covenant or agreement made or obligation to be performed by you pursuant to these Terms.
Prices for products are described on our Website and are incorporated into these Terms by reference. All prices are in Indian rupees. Prices, products and Services may change at our discretion.
Title and risk of loss for all products ordered by you shall pass on to you upon our shipment to the shipping carrier.
Our courier partner will make a maximum of three attempts to deliver your order. In case the customer is not reachable or does not accept delivery of products in these attempts, we reserve the right to cancel the order(s) at its discretion.
- Shoppers-square.com may suspend or terminate your use of the Website or any Service if it believes, in its sole and absolute discretion that you have breached any of the Terms.
- If you or shoppers-square.com terminates your use of the Website or any Service, we may delete any content or other materials relating to your use of the Service and we will have no liability to you or any third party for doing so.
- You shall be liable to pay for any Service or product that you have already ordered till the time of termination by either party whatsoever.
The headings and subheadings herein are included for convenience and identification only and are not intended to describe, interpret, define or limit the scope, extent or intent of the Terms or the right to use the Website by you contained herein or any other section or pages of the Website or any linked sites in any manner whatsoever.
Interpretation of number and genders:
The Terms herein shall apply equally to both the singular and plural form of the terms defined. Whenever the context may require, any pronoun shall include the corresponding masculine and feminine. The words "include", "includes" and "including" shall be deemed to be followed by the phrase "without limitation". Unless the context otherwise requires, the terms "herein", "hereof", "hereto", "hereunder" and words of similar import refer to the Terms as a whole.
These terms shall be governed by and constructed in accordance with the laws of India without reference to conflict of laws principles and disputes arising in relation hereto shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Goa.
If any provision of the Terms is determined to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, such invalidity or unenforceability shall attach only to such provision or part of such provision and the remaining part of such provision and all other provisions of these Terms shall continue to be in full force and effect.
We as a merchant shall be under no liability whatsoever in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly out of the decline of authorization for any Transaction, on Account of the Cardholder having exceeded the pre-set limit mutually agreed by us with our acquiring bank from time to time.
As per these Terms, users are solely responsible for every material or content uploaded on to the Website. Shoppers-square.com does not review the contents in any way before they appear on the Website. Shoppers-square.com does not verify, endorse or otherwise vouch for the contents of any user or any content generally posted or uploaded on to the Website. Users can be held legally liable for their contents and may be held legally accountable if their contents or material include, for example, defamatory comments or material protected by copyright, trademark, etc. If you come across any abuse or violation of these Terms, please report to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unauthorized Charges on your card
If you see charges on your credit/debit card for purchases made on Shoppers-square.com, but you never created an account or signed up, please check with your family members or business colleagues authorized to make purchases on your behalf, to confirm that they haven't placed the order. If you're still unable to recognize the charge, please report the unauthorized purchase within 10 days of the transaction to enable us to begin an investigation.
Cancellation of Fraudulent Orders
To provide a safe and secure shopping experience, we regularly monitor transactions for fraudulent activity. In the event of detecting any suspicious activity, Shoppers-square.com reserves the right to cancel all past, pending and future orders without any liability. Shoppers-square.com also reserves the right to refuse or cancel orders in scenarios like inaccuracies in pricing of product on website and stock unavailability. We may also require additional verifications or information before accepting any order. We will contact you if all or any portion of your order is cancelled or if additional information is required to accept your order. If your order is cancelled after your card has been charged, the said amount will be reversed to your card account. Any promotional voucher used for the cancelled orders will not be refunded.
The customer may be considered fraudulent in any of the following scenarios:
- Customer with a very high return rate
- Customer fails to produce adequate documents during the payment details verification
- Customer uses invalid email or phone no.
- Use of a special voucher not linked to the email ID used.
- Customer returns the wrong product
- Customer refuses to pay for an order
- Invalid address given in order details
- Any malpractice used to place the order
Terms for Offers, Promotions and Voucher use:
- Only one voucher can be used per order/transaction unless otherwise stated.
- Redemption of a voucher and discounts will be applied to the total order value.
- Account holders may be offered vouchers from time to time; such vouchers may only be applied to purchases made through the account to which the voucher was offered and registered.
- We shall introduce various offers, schemes or contest at different times. The terms and conditions for such contest shall be separately available on the site.
- We reserve the right to add/modify/change/delete any of the terms and conditions prevailing on the different promotional offers we introduce from time to time. We, at our discretion reserve the right to withdraw a particular offer from the website.
- While participating in any of our contest, you hereby agree to release and hold Shoppers-square.com (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, joint ventures, and employees) harmless from any claim or demand, but not limited to reasonable attorneys' fees, or arising out of or related to your participation in the said contest.
- We reserve the right to cancel any orders placed using vouchers. Some situations where your order may be cancelled include, without limitation, misuse of any vouchers, unauthorized usage of vouchers or inaccuracies of voucher pricing and value thresholds. The voucher amount will not be refunded for such cases.
- Suitable legal action will be taken against websites involved in unauthorized publication of Shoppers Square vouchers. Shoppers-square.com will only honour vouchers which are issued or published directly by us or our partners.